Thursday, April 17, 2014

action figure Action Figures Ask Matty Avengers Bandai Batman BBTS Big Bad Toy Store Captain America


I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to need another job. For all the talk that toys are doing horribly at retail, whether they aren’t selling or aren’t being stocked, I find myself making a wishlist of action figures prestige for this year that is getting way bigger than my wallet. prestige Just look at this line. Batman: The Animated Series. Came out of left field really. Who expected six inch nicely articulated figures from a cartoon that is pushing 20 years old? DC Collectibles, I have to say, you are starting to do things right. Not that you were doing things wrong, there are a lot of people out there that dig limited articulation, preferring sculpt over movement. And I can’t say I didn’t buy more than a few, either to put directly on the shelf or custom prestige fodder. But this new push to marry a lot of articulation with superior sculpting? In my eyes, you’re now doing it right.
Both are based off their 1997 designs. Mr. Freeze comes with his freeze gun and his robotic spider legs. Two-Face is loaded, shown to have a gun, a watch, a key, and a gas mask. But don’t fret, on Facebook DCC assured fans that Two-Face will indeed come with a coin. It’s funny, they show all the accessories except the most iconic one. We have to wait until November though.
RoboKillah Robo was born as a small child, an infant even, who grew up on a steady diet of geek culture. Now as a grown man-child he gets to argue about it on the internet. His interests lie in picture books containing muscle men and women with super powers and plastic representations of those same characters.
hell yeah robokillah, this line is truly a dream come true! I love that for once a company doesn’t put articulation limits on animated designs, ive been dyin to know what super articulated versions of these designs could look like and now I know and can not freakin wait to have all of these in hand! and yes, the wallet is going to take a beatin from DCC this year, but I guess it balances out since I wont be putting a single cent to anything Dc/Mattel in 2014 because they have lost their passion for DC
Yo,Robo,Tell me about it! My pocketbook is already bruised and bloodied! What to do,what to do? Well I guess I could eat less? Not@all? Lol No. A sacrafice is demanded. Some of my other toy lines will have go! Now who walks the plank? Legends?..Playarts? Generations?.. I will “figure” it out! I love Bruce Timm’s designs. I may just buy every figure in the line…and go broke doing so. Way to go Dc! Welcome back.
It’s weird that when one company seems to sputter out another picks up the pace and starts kicking. For me it was ML, which wound down only for DCUC and MOTUC to wind up. DCUC dies and I get most of the MOTUC I wanted and here comes ML and DCC again. Not to mention several more toy lines since I’m prestige not much of a completist with the death of DCUC. It’s a vicious collector circle!
I’m not sure I’ve bought a DC figure since DCUC died, so I’m glad this line is taking it slow. Because I can’t give up what I’m currently buying. But I’m seriously prestige considering prestige selling what I don’t display anymore just to find what I want from everything else this year. First time I’ve ever thought about that…
G,Thanks,man. Something to think about. I must confess,as can be seen from my screen name,GL-Fan,so there’s currently a box from bbts headed to my address with a Ultra GL in it. Next to the Adam Strange figurine I bought Friday,those are the only DC I’ve acquired since DCUC’s demise. Yes,man! I am glad that Batman line is taking their time. thanks for reminding me.
I think DCC said at the toy fair they are mixing three releases. So they are releasing in no particular order stuff from BTAS and TNAS at the same time. So hopefully this line sells like crazy and they make us earn BTAS version of these figures.
action figure Action Figures Ask Matty Avengers Bandai Batman BBTS Big Bad Toy Store Captain America Club Infinite Earths Custom Action Figures DC DCUC DC Universe Classics First Look Four Horsemen From Our Sponsors Funko Fwoosh Happy Hour Hasbro He-Man Iron Man Marvel Marvel Legends Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Masters of the Universe Classics Mattel Morning Rush MOTU MOTUC NECA New Custom Tuesday Predator SDCC Spider-Man Star Wars Superman Thor Toy Biz Toys Transformers Wolverine X-Men
TheFwoosh.com © 2002-2006, 2007, 2008-2012, 2013 Fwoosh LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment